"THE ISLAND in the West Country was inspired by the splendid St Michael's Mount. That island can be seen from Mousehole, Newlyn, Penzance,and Marazion. At low tide you can even walk out to it from Marazion." CR
THE ISLAND by Colin Ruffell.
Signed and numbered Fine-art print
THE ISLAND is one of the holiday memory pictures from my portfolio of giclee fine-art prints.
The style of painting is called ‘cloisonnism’ where the areas of colour are surrounded by black lines. The term was coined in post-impressionist France in 1888. I adopted the technique after watching my kids paint. And children’s art has inspired the way that I distort perspective. It is an interesting picture-language and great fun to paint.
First I create the original painting then I scan the image to make a digital file. We own a wide format Epson giclee printer meaning that I can print-on-demand to the highest international standards providing a valuable investment for your fine-art collection.
*** QUALITY ***
- Printed on fine-art paper or fine art canvas.
- Using pigmented inkset – independently tested for lightfastness – reaching Blue Wool 6 [highest Guild Standard]
*** COLLECTABLE ***
- Archival inkjet print from original painting by Colin Ruffell.
- Self-published and printed by the artist reaching British Standards Classification [BS 7876:1996]; CATEGORY ‘A’
- Prints are hand signed and numbered by the artist.
- The International Certificate of Authenticity is available.
- Image copyright protection with Original Art Registration number issued by The Fine Art Trade Guild in London UK.
- Prints on canvas [‘acrylographs’] are hand enhanced and every one is unique.
*** AFFORDABLE ***
- Available in several sizes and formats.
- The sizes listed show the actual image size.
- Paper prints have an extra white border so they are bigger than the image size.
- Paper prints are sold un-mounted, ready to be matted and framed.
- This is much safer, usually quicker, and less risky, to ship to you.
- FREE shipping from us to you.
- We send the smaller prints flat wrapped in tissue paper between flat boards, and the larger prints rolled in a stout mailing tube.
- Choose a frame to high standards to suit your own décor, display place, and budget.
- You will maintain quality and value for future generations.
Category: Fine-art print by Colin Ruffell