"A typical still life set up for art students. Lots of things to get right. Still life paintings present a special challenge to artists because they allow the artist to create and develop their own visual language or style. Portraits and landscapes demand that the artist captures the personality of the sitter or view. Whereas the simplicity of a still-life seems to give the artist much more freedom to invent, explore, and experiment. " CR
Signed and numbered edition.
TWELVE THINGS by Colin Ruffell.
Signed and numbered Fine-art print
TWELVE THINGS is one of the kitchen and dining room pictures from my portfolio of giclee fine-art prints.
The style of painting is called ‘cloisonnism’ where the areas of colour are surrounded by black lines. The term was coined in post-impressionist France in 1888. I adopted the technique after watching my kids paint. And children’s art has inspired the way that I distort perspective. It is an interesting picture-language and great fun to paint.
First I create the original painting then I scan the image to make a digital file. We own a wide format Epson giclee printer meaning that I can print-on-demand to the highest international standards providing a valuable investment for your fine-art collection.
*** QUALITY ***
- Printed on 280gsm Innova soft-white-cotton fine-art paper or fine art canvas.
- Using pigmented Epson Ultrachrome inkset – independently tested for lightfastness – reaching Blue Wool 6 [highest Guild Standard]
*** COLLECTABLE ***
- Archival inkjet print from original painting by Colin Ruffell.
- Self-published and printed by the artist reaching British Standards Classification [BS 7876:1996]; CATEGORY ‘A’
- Prints are hand signed and numbered by the artist.
- The International Certificate of Authenticity is included.
- Image copyright protection with Original Art Registration number issued by The Fine Art Trade Guild in London UK.
- Canvas acrylographs are hand enhanced and every one is unique.
*** AFFORDABLE ***
- Available in several sizes and formats.
- The sizes listed show the actual image size.
- Paper prints have an extra white border so they are bigger than the image size.
- Paper prints are sold un-mounted, ready to be matted and framed.
- This is much safer, usually quicker, and less risky, to ship to you.
- FREE shipping from us to you.
- We send the smaller prints flat wrapped in tissue paper between flat boards, and the larger prints rolled in a stout mailing tube.
- Choose a frame to high standards to suit your own décor, display place, and budget.
- You will maintain quality and value for future generations.
If you want help finding a good local picture framer, please ask. – Just contact us. [see link on this page]